and prevent, don’t repair
— Author unknown
Safe & Secure
ENSURING SAFETY FOR ALL
Safety is a top priority. We operate with daily precautions and safety procedures, and are prepared for emergency events. To meet the needs of residents and staff during an emergency or disaster situation, Columbia Basin Care has developed a comprehensive Emergency Response Plan.
The Plan describes the process of preparing for, mitigating, responding to, and recovering from emergencies. The program also addresses how Columbia Basin Care would coordinate with other healthcare facilities, as well as the local Wasco County community during an emergency or disaster.
Specifically, the plan addresses the following facility and emergency planning elements:
• Plan Administration and Responsibilities, including: Program Administrator, Emergency Response Team Coordinator, Back-up Emergency Response Coordinator, and Emergency Response Team
• Hazard Vulnerability Assessments (HVA)
• Communication Systems
• Shelter in Place provisions
• Response Partners and Supporting Organizations
• Training, Drills & Exercise
In the event of an emergency, we will update this website with phone numbers for updates and specific information regarding our status. During the emergency, a designated person in the facility will be assigned as a communications person in charge of all necessary communication.
Click here for an overview of the Emergency Response Plan.